About Holy Cross
The University of Holy Cross is a unique Catholic institution of higher learning founded by the Marianites of Holy Cross. Rooted in a belief in human dignity, the University of Holy Cross educates the minds and hearts of its students. The University is centered on effective and innovative teaching, intelligence exercised across disciplines, practical reasoning, and communication with others. All members of the University strive for excellence and contribute their knowledge and experience in their chosen work, community, and ultimately the world in need.
Statement of Core Values
We believe that education flourishes in a community motivated by a Catholic Christian vision, Gospel values, and a commitment to the education of the total person. We accept the responsibility to respond to the needs of our students by challenging and empowering them to develop holistically in the attainment of knowledge, skills, and values necessary to thrive in an ever-changing world.
Therefore, we endeavor to foster in the University an environment that nurtures the following values:
- Catholic Identity. We value a clear Catholic identity and a strong commitment to Gospel principles.
- Service. We relate with and serve others in a spirit of compassion, justice, and selflessness.
- Relationships. We foster healthy and growth-filled relationships within the University and between the University and the wider community.
- Diversity. We welcome cultural diversity, effective communication, fairness, inclusion, respectfulness, and hospitality.
- Student-centeredness. We value our students who are the primary reason for the existence of the University. We respect and treasure their diverse life experiences, their achievements, their contributions to the community, and revere their human dignity.
- Excellence in teaching and learning. We provide spiritual, intellectual, social, and aesthetic education to develop the total person. We devote a generous share of the financial and the technological resources of the University to improve teaching and learning. We encourage research to improve both instruction and learning.
- Responsible stewardship of resources. We acquire, maintain, update, and use our resources in a caring and responsible way.