Orientation & Registration FAQs
Can I take my placement exam at orientation & registration?
Orientation provides students the opportunity to do many essential things; however, taking the placement exams is not one of them. Students who need to do placement testing should contact the Center for Teaching & Learning at 504-398-2123 and schedule an appointment; you will need to have your scores available in order to be advised of which classes to take and register at orientation.
What time should I be arrive at orientation & registration?
- Students should arrive at 30 minutes before your scheduled orientation session to check in.
- Orientation will kick off precisely at the stated time.
What should I bring with me to orientation & registration?
- Any admissions documents that you have not yet turned in
- Contact the Office of Admissions at 504-398-2175 if you have questions
- A copy of your immunization records, if you have not submitted them already
- Any Financial Aid paperwork that has not been turned into the Financial Aid Office. If you are submitting documentation at orientation & registration, please be advised that your aid may not be completed prior to the payment deadline. UHC will not &lsquot;Hold&lsquot; classes without applied anticipated finial aid, or satisfactory tuition payment arrangements.
What happens at orientation & registration?
During the event, you will meet other new students and be introduced to members of the University of Holy Cross community. You will also have the opportunity to meet with and be advised by a member of the faculty, register for classes, talk to your financial aid counselor, and complete other tasks necessary to start your semester.
Is family orientation required?
Although family orientation is not required, we strongly encourage freshmen to bring a parent, guardian, or other person with them who supports their education.
Can I bring someone with me to orientation & registration to help me choose and schedule classes?
The UHC faculty, staff, and administration will be on hand during the registration session to advise students about the appropriate courses to schedule during their first semester. Parents, other family members, and friends will not be allowed in the Moreau Center during the advising and registration period.
What if I can't stay the whole day?
It is in your best interest to attend the entire orientation and registration session. You will not only make connections with faculty, staff and fellow students, but you will also make your schedule for the fall semester, and learn how to register online for future semesters. Please plan to attend the full day of activities.
Is there a dress code for orientation & registration?
No. You may wear jeans, t-shirts, sneakers, or any comfortable, but neat, clothing. Remember, you will be meeting with faculty and administration, so you will want to be presentable. You may also want to bring a sweater, in case the room is cold.
Directions to Campus
1) Take I-10 EAST toward New Orleans
2) Merge into US-90 WEST via Exit 234A on the LEFT toward Westbank/Superdome/Claiborne
3) Cross Crescent City Connection/Greater New Orleans Bridge
4) Take the LA-428 EAST/Gen. DeGaulle Drive exit
5) Take the Gen. DeGaulle Drive EAST exit veering LEFT
6) Merge onto Gen. DeGaulle Drive for approx. 3 miles
7) Turn LEFT onto Woodland Drive
8) The University of Holy Cross is located on the LEFT
1) Take I-10 WEST toward New Orleans
2) Take the US-90 WEST/US-90 BUSINESS W exit- EXIT 234C- on the LEFT toward CLAIBORNE AVE.
3) Take the US-90-BR WEST exit on the LEFT toward WESTBANK.
4) Cross Crescent City Connection/Greater New Orleans Bridge
5) Take the LA-428 EAST/Gen. DeGaulle Drive exit
6) Take the Gen. DeGaulle Drive EAST exit veering LEFT
7) Merge onto Gen. DeGaulle Drive for approx. 3 miles
8) Turn LEFT onto Woodland Drive
9) The University of Holy Cross is located on the LEFT
1) Take US-90 EAST/Westbank Expy toward New Orleans
2) Take Terry Parkway/Gen. DeGaulle exit
3) Stay STRAIGHT on Westbank Expy.
4) Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto Gen. DeGaulle Drive
5) Merge onto Gen. DeGaulle Drive for approx. 3 miles
6) Turn LEFT onto Woodland Drive
7) The University of Holy Cross is located on the LEFT
Where do I park for orientation & registration?
Please enter the campus using the 3rd or 4th driveway coming from Gen. De Gaulle (the entrance just before the bus shelter or before the fire station). Follow the signs for the "Moreau Center." Please park in student parking (no tickets will be issued). Enter through the glass doors marked "Moreau Center" (near the center of the side of the building). Be sure to check in at the "Welcome Table" to receive your orientation packet and other important information prior to beginning orientation and registration.