Violence Against Women Resource Guide
The Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act (“VAWA”), which President Obama signed into law on March 7, imposes new obligations on colleges and universities under its Campus Sexual Violence Act (“SaVE Act”) provision, Section 304. The Department of Education published the final rules that colleges and universities must follow to implement these changes on October 20, 2014. These new regulations will become effective July 1, 2015.
The regulations mandate that schools provide information and support services to victims of dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking. This page will provide information about support services available to victims and their dependents in the metropolitan New Orleans area.
- Women's Law
- Know Your IX – Empowering Students to Stop Sexual Violence
- U.S. Department of Justice Office of Violence Against Women
- Domestic Violence - Signs of Financial Abuse
- Information on Trauma and PTSD - Violence and Abuse
- Family Justice Centers
- Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (“RAINN”)
- Allstate Foundation Economic Empowerment for Domestic Violence Survivors Program
- Tell A Gal P.A.L.
- Louisiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Metropolitan Center for Women and Children
- New Orleans' Children's Advocacy Center
- Hagar’s House