Jobs at UHC
The University of Holy Cross will be a Catholic, national, comprehensive, higher education institution known for the ability to balance liberal arts and sciences and nationally accredited professional programs.
The University will be acclaimed for its individualized service to a diverse student body, the integration of mind and heart in the Marianite tradition, and the academic preparation for competent professionals in service to the larger community.
The University strives to live the Mission through six words; Truth, Goodness, Beauty, Presence, Compassion and Service. Through these words, we educate the whole person in the true tradition of the Marianites of Holy Cross.
You Are Part of Our Team. As a member of the team of UHC, you will be expected to contribute your talents and energies to improve the environment and quality of the University, as well as the constituencies of the University. In return, you will be given opportunities to grow and advance in your career.
The University of Holy Cross is dedicated to:
- Providing students a quality education at the best price with the best service.
- Providing members of the team with wages and benefits comparable to others doing similar work within similar higher educational institutions and within the region.
The only things we require for employment, compensation, advancement, and benefits are performance and a good team attitude; however, all employment at UHC is "at will." No one will be denied opportunities or benefits on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran's status, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions; nor will anyone receive special treatment for those reasons.
To join the University of Holy Cross team, see the job opportunities posted below and provide the requested information. This will be forwarded to the head of the search committee for the particular job you are applying. If your qualifications meet our needs, someone will contact you to set up an interview with the committee. If your qualifications do not meet the needs for that particular job, we do keep your information on file for six months in the event that another position would become available more suited to your qualifications.
UHC assures equal opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or veteran's status in the admission to, participation in, or employment of its programs and activities.
Admissions Counselor for Freshmen Recruitment
Post Date-October 5, 2020
The University of Holy Cross seeks a full-time Admissions Counselor for Freshmen Recruitment. Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. To ensure full consideration, priority will be given to the resumes received by October 23, 2020. Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter specifying their qualifications for the position as well as the name and contact information for three references. Application packages are to be submitted via email to email@example.com in a single submission. Incomplete packages will not be considered.
Position Description: The Admissions Counselor for Freshmen Recruitment will assist in the development of an incoming student class each semester. This position will develop specific recruitment goals and objectives for assigned schools; coordinate recruitment activities for all prospective students within an assigned territory; maintain an active liaison and with area high schools; recruit students to live in the UHC Residence Hall; participate in all recruitment activities; conduct seminars, workshops and social events to attract new students; maintain records via CRM and SIS of prospective students. This selected candidate must possess a current driver's license and reliable transportation. Position consists of 50% traveling within LA and some neighboring states. Some weekend and evening work is required.
Qualifications: A bachelor's degree is required, along with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, demonstrated professionalism, the ability to relate to individuals from diverse backgrounds, a willingness to work as a team, outstanding organizational and team building skills, and experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Power Campus and a CRM or background in collegiate recruitment or admissions processing is strongly preferred, but not required.
Salary and Rank: Dependent upon qualifications and experience.
University of Holy Cross assures equal opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or veteran's status in the admission to, participation in, or employment of its programs and activities.
Applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to send resume and cover letter to:
University of Holy Cross
Human Resources Department
4123 Woodland Drive New Orleans, LA 70131
Job Description for the Director of Diversity and Inclusion
Reports to: The Vice-President of Mission Integration and Campus Minister
Basic Function: The Director will be responsible for the operational framework, strategic direction, implementation, and assessment of a comprehensive student-centered program to support a diverse and inclusive campus climate.
The Director of Diversity and Inclusion will the lead the transformational and collaborative effort of the University of Holy Cross to provide a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment committed to the success of all our students and a shared sense of belonging.
The Director is responsible for the development and provision of programs and services which foster success and enhancement of the university’s mission and core values.
- The director will collaborate with existing initiatives and be a member of the UHC Diversity Committee and the liaison for the President’s Council on Diversity and Inclusion and the UHC community.
- Develop long-range strategic planning and program development, including the assessment, implementation, and evaluation consistent with the mission of the University of Holy Cross.
- Develop programs and services designed to increase the retention, matriculation, and ultimate graduation of students designates as under-represented.
- Counsel, advise and consult with students, faculty, and staff individually and collectively to embrace the importance of building an inclusive, appreciative, and welcoming environment.
- Provide support and guidance to University recognized under-represented students and advocate for students.
- Collaborate with the Title IX officers at UHC to ensure the University’s Equal Opportunity, Grievance and, Non-Discrimination policies are followed as well as working to promote the idea of inclusive excellence.
- Develop, implement, and monitor a variety of positive, proactive initiatives that will advance a strategic and inclusive approach to diversity in all aspects of University life.
Compensation is commensurate with credentials, background and experience.
The University of Holy Cross assures equal opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or veterans’ status in the admission to, participation in, or employment of its programs and activities.
Applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a complete application package, consisting of a cover letter, resume, and three letters of recommendation to Melanie Erlinger, firstname.lastname@example.org in a single submission. Incomplete packages will not be considered.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Housekeeping
To provide positive impression of our facilities among our students, employees, alumni, potential students and parents, and members of our outside communities with an attractive, clean and natural environment in which to learn, and ensure that full educational use of all university facilities is available at all times.
• Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization
• Perform all assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Housekeeping Department.
• Perform housekeeping work in designated areas of responsibility
• Maintain a high level of safety, cleanliness and efficiency
• Complete work assignments in a timely manner.
• Flexible and able to adapt to changing demands of the position
• Utilize the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
• Use and maintain supplies properly.
• Ability to work without normal supervision
• Reports safety hazards as appropriate
Classrooms/Offices/Library Areas/Laboratories/Bathrooms etc. (Day or Night staff)
• Vacuum carpets and spot clean where necessary
• Dust control – sweep, mop or vacuum hard flooring in classrooms and offices
• Damp dust/clean furniture and desks, polish as may be required
• Damp dust and wipe all surfaces, fixtures and fittings
• Empty bins daily
• Clean inside and outside of surrounds of sinks
• Remove marks from glass, doors and walls
• Clean telephones
• Clean windows
• Replenish paper products in dispensers as needed
• Wash crockery & cutlery etc. left in sink area, and tidy sink area afterwards.
• Record any non-functioning, broken or missing bathroom equipment
Bathrooms (generally day staff)
• Clean lavatory bowls, cisterns and urinals with appropriate cleaning agents
• Clean inside basins and surrounding counter tops
• Wipe down toilet seats with appropriate agents
• Refill paper towels in each dispenser
• Refill toilet dispensers in all cubicles
• Wipe down shower floors, walls, doors, curtains, taps and fittings.
• Wipe down taps and door handles with appropriate cleaning agents
• Wipe down wall tiles, window sills, dispensers, hand dryers and both inside and outside door surfaces
• Wipe down lockers
• Polish mirrors
• Clean and mop floors with appropriate cleaners and bleach
• Empty dust bins and replace bin liners where required
• Clean windows
• Accurately record daily service times in all bathrooms
• Accurately record the number of paper products inserted into each bathroom on a daily basis
• Install new bathroom service schedules every Monday morning, returning previous weeks’ schedules to the
• Record any non-functioning, broken or missing bathroom equipment
Corridors (Generally night-staff)
• Dust control sweep or auto scrub hard flooring in outdoor corridors
• Wash and wipe the exterior of all windows
• Remove marks from glass, doors and walls
• Wipe down fire extinguishers and hose reels
• Any other duties as may be assigned
• Ensure scrubbers are plugged in and charged overnight
• Report any malfunction/problems with equipment
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
• Complete annual education requirements.
• Report to work on time and as scheduled.
• Wear identification while on duty.
• Maintain regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and local regulations.
• Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
• Attend department meetings and required university meetings and events.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to communicate effectively in English
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of Housekeeping
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
• Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
• Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
• Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
• Physically demanding, high-stress environment
• Exposure to body fluids, chemicals, and repetitive motions
• Pushing and pulling heavy objects
• Full range of body motion including handling and lifting equipment and supplies as needed
• Position requires light to moderate work with 50 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry.
• Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and seeing.
The employee is expected to adhere to all university policies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
I have read, understood and had the opportunity to ask questions regarding this position description.