Jobs at UHC
The University of Holy Cross will be a Catholic, national, comprehensive, higher education institution known for the ability to balance liberal arts and sciences and nationally accredited professional programs.
The University will be acclaimed for its individualized service to a diverse student body, the integration of mind and heart in the Marianite tradition, and the academic preparation for competent professionals in service to the larger community.
The University strives to live the Mission through six words; Truth, Goodness, Beauty, Presence, Compassion and Service. Through these words, we educate the whole person in the true tradition of the Marianites of Holy Cross.
You Are Part of Our Team. As a member of the team of UHC, you will be expected to contribute your talents and energies to improve the environment and quality of the University, as well as the constituencies of the University. In return, you will be given opportunities to grow and advance in your career.
The University of Holy Cross is dedicated to:
- Providing students a quality education at the best price with the best service.
- Providing members of the team with wages and benefits comparable to others doing similar work within similar higher educational institutions and within the region.
The only things we require for employment, compensation, advancement, and benefits are performance and a good team attitude; however, all employment at UHC is "at will." No one will be denied opportunities or benefits on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran's status, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions; nor will anyone receive special treatment for those reasons.
To join the University of Holy Cross team, see the job opportunities posted below and provide the requested information. This will be forwarded to the head of the search committee for the particular job you are applying. If your qualifications meet our needs, someone will contact you to set up an interview with the committee. If your qualifications do not meet the needs for that particular job, we do keep your information on file for six months in the event that another position would become available more suited to your qualifications.
UHC assures equal opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or veteran's status in the admission to, participation in, or employment of its programs and activities.
The Office of Residential Life at the University of Holy Cross invites applications for a Resident Assistant (RA). Deadline to apply is Friday, November 22, 2019.
Position Description: The Resident Assistant facilitates the social, academic, and personal adjustment of students to the Residence Hall and University. The RA develops a sense of community among residents as members of a floor, residents of a hall, and active participants in the residence life system. The RA enforces the rules and policies of Residence Life, Housing, Dining Services and the University. The RA acts as a liaison between residents and Director of Residence Life. The RA responds to emergency situations. The RA monitors the residence hall conditions and reports all necessary action needed.
Qualifications: The preferred candidate would have RA experience and/or experience working at UHC. Candidate must be enrolled and maintain enrollment in UHC with the classman rank of Junior or higher. The RA is required to live in the residence assigned and be on-call.
The University of Holy Cross is a Catholic college sponsored by the Marianite Sisters of the Congregation of Holy Cross.
The University of Holy Cross assures equal opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or veteran’s status in the admission to, participation in, or employment of its programs and activities.
Applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to send résumé and three letters of recommendation to:
University of Holy Cross College
4123 Woodland Drive
New Orleans, LA 70131
Fax: (504) 394-1237
Adjunct Faculty Positions in the Department of Business Administration- Accounting
The Department of Business Administration invites applications for the adjunct Instructor position to teach Principles of Accounting and other classes as needed on Monday & Wednesday with a mid-day schedule. Deadline to apply is October 31, 2019.
This position requires an earned master degree in accounting from one of the regionally accredited institutions or a related Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in Accounting with a degree from an accredited institution. Preference will be given to applicants with prior university-level teaching experience.
Compensation is commensurate with credentials, background and experience.
The University of Holy Cross assures equal opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or veterans’ status in the admission to, participation in, or employment of its programs and activities.
Applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a complete application package, consisting of a cover letter and a resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single submission. Incomplete packages will not be considered.
Faculty Position: Assistant/Associate Professor Food Chemistry and Analysis
The University of Holy Cross Department of Biological and Physical Sciences invites applications for a full-time faculty position at the Assistant/Associate level that will develop a strong academic program in any area of food chemistry and analysis (e.g., food composition and analysis, HPLC, and GCMS) that is complementary to existing programs in the department.
Position Description: Reporting to the Chair of the Department, the successful candidate will teach undergraduate/graduate courses, provide academic and research advisement to students; promote and sustain extension dialogue/service; hold membership in professional associations; and serve on committees and participate in official activities at the departmental, college, and university levels.
This position is a 9-month appointment. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Classroom instruction and curriculum planning/development of Food Science and Chemistry courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and courses in related areas as expertise permits;
- Serve as a liaison with industry to develop student field experiences, extension services, research projects, and curriculum support;
- Participation in professional organization meeting activities related to food science and technology; • Teaching effectiveness, service to students and university, and scholarly/professional achievement are required for retention and promotion;
- Candidate must address the needs of a student population of great diversity-in age, cultural background, ethnicity, primary language and academic preparation – through course materials, teaching strategies and advisement; and
- Oral/ written competence in English.
- Earned doctorate in Food Science, Chemistry, or closely related area by August 1, 2019 and at least 1 graduate degree in Food Science;
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the institution;
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning as evidenced by a presentation during the interview;
- Promise of productive scholarship/creative activities consistent with the teacher-scholar model;
- Commitment to teaching, scholarship, and service that is consistent with the College's priorities for the Department and the mission of the University;
- Ability to contribute to a positive work environment in the Department, College, and University;
- Technological literacy and a commitment to integrate technology in teaching and scholarship; and
- Ability to work in a diverse academic and professional community.
- Experience working in or teaching food chemistry and food analysis classes;
- Expertise for potential online teaching; and
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with Food Safety, Culinology, Nutrition and other content areas preferred.
Review of applicants will begin upon receipt of application materials and continue until the position is filled with an ideal start date of January 6, 2020.
University of Holy Cross assures equal opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or veteran’s status in the admission to, participation in, or employment of its programs and activities.
To be considered for this position, send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, graduate and undergraduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation to:
Christine Watts, Director of Human Resources, University of Holy Cross, 4123 Woodland Dr, New Orleans, LA 70131 or by email email@example.com
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.