Doctorate in Executive Leadership Program
Recent graduates of the University of Holy Cross Doctorate In Executive Leadership Program (DIELP) gather for a photo-op after graduation at the New Orleans Museum of Art near City Park. A couple of the featured graduates, whose graduation was virtual last year because of COVID, took advantage of wearing their regalia in support of Cohorts III and IV, who graduated Sunday, May 16.
Featured in the photo from left to right are Dr. Jahquille Ross (Cohort II), Dr. Monique Handy-Colin (Cohort IV), Dr. Joshua Washington (Cohort III), the Gerald F. DeLuca Executive Leadership award-recipient, Dr. Rulonda Smith Green (Cohort IV), and Dr. Edward Brown (Cohort II).
These alumni represent a subset of the 32 students who have graduated from DIELP since its inaugural graduation class of 2018.
Upon completion of the Doctorate in Executive Leadership program, doctoral candidates will have met the following student learning outcomes:
1. Understand and apply the requisite knowledge, skills, and dispositions of highly effective executive leaders;
2. Assess and successfully lead a diverse workforce to their full potential;
3. Apply the principles of moral leadership inclusive of ethics, integrity, and social justice in decision-making;
4. Apply the principles of collegiality and collaboration in planning, goal-setting, and developing a vision, mission, and philosophy for their respective organization;
5. Conduct root-cause analysis through the collection and analysis process, utilizing these data to inform policymaking; and
6. Plan strategically, applying the action research principles to actual problems in their respective organizations.
APPLICATION AND ADMISSION
While applications for admission are accepted throughout the year and kept on file for an annual review, students are accepted into the program as a cohort each summer. The application deadline for the annual summer cohort admission is February 1.
For more information regarding the Doctorate in Executive Leadership Program, please contact:
Donaldo R. Batiste, Ph.D.
Professor of Education
Coordinator of Doctoral Program in Executive Leadership
University of Holy Cross
4123 Woodland Drive
New Orleans, LA 70131-7399
Telephone: (504) 398-2311-Office