Student Employment Opportunties
Click here to apply.
Current Work Study Openings
Bursar/Finance Office Student Worker
Student workers will assist the Bursar and Finance Offices in day-to-day operations. They are to maintain a high-level of discretion, and focus on detail-oriented tasks. Student workers must maintain a strict-level of confidentiality in all responsibilities which include, but are not limited to:
- Notifying office personnel of visitor arrival and distributing mail to appropriate staff members.
- Welcoming visitors by greeting them in person, answering phone calls and referring them to the appropriate personnel.
- Monitoring a visitor logbook, and inviting visitors to take online surveys while they wait to be seen.
- Forwarding incoming emails and messages, and coordinating efforts with staff members.
- Filing, scanning, copying, and shredding paper. Informing staff members when supplies are low.
- Creating TrackITs and WorkOrders for the Bursar/Finance Offices.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Bursar/Finance Offices.
Skills and Qualifications:
Student workers must assist students/faculty/staff in a supportive manner. They must be trustworthy, dependable, and detail-oriented. Student worked must be punctual and maintain a positive attitude.
Information Technology Student Worker
Reports to: Assistant Director of Information Technology
Basic Function: Provide support for all desktops, laptops, user accounts, classrooms, AV Equipment, and printers/supplies within the University.
Physical Requirements: Able to lift up to 50lbs
1. Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all campus computers, including hardware and/or software upgrades and installs
2. Ensure all classroom technology is in working order
3. Support user accounts, unlock accounts, and reset or establish passwords as needed
4. Maintain and support all campus printers, copiers, supplies, and consumables
5. Maintain the Academic Skills Center and Library computing area. Ensure that they are fully functional and stocked with supplies
6. Coordinate all AV setup requests
7. Provide support for phone calls and walk-ins at the helpdesk in a timely and professional manner
8. Maintain organization and appearance of reception area of the IT office
Academic Affairs Student Worker
Reports to: Academic Projects Coordinator
Basic Function: Support the basic functions of the Office of Academic Affairs
Major Duties: Perform basic clerical tasks and provide general assistance in support of the Office of Academic Affairs
1. Utilize excellent customer service skills
2. Greet and direct visitors
3. Go to the mailroom daily
4. Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to FERPA regulations
5. Answer telephones
6. Maintain office files as directed
7. Store and maintain office supplies
8. Create and post class cancellation signs when needed
9. Contact students as directed
10. Maintain paper stock in faculty lounges
11. Maintain kitchen area daily (coffee pot, microwave, counter, refrigerator)
12. Other duties as may be required
Community Service Work Study
Job Description: In an effort to increase the reading and math proficiency of our nation’s children, tutoring in these areas has become a federal priority. This FWS position is to serve as a reading and/or mathematics tutor for elementary school-age children.
Location: Dwight D. Eisenhower School 3700 Tall Pines Drive, New Orleans, LA 70131
Hours: Monday through Friday between 7:45 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. Scheduling is flexible and will be agreed upon between the FWS student and the school administrator.
Tutors will receive training from the faculty and administration at Eisenhower School in the instructional practices used to teach reading and/or mathematics.
Supervisors: Dr. Rulonda Green, Eisenhower Principal and Dr. Lisa Sullivan, UHC Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Position is $13/hr.
Admissions Student Worker
Reports To: Administrative Assistant
Basic Function: To assist the Office of Admissions in daily office functions, recruitment activities, and registration events.
1. Answer phone and assist caller with questions or forward caller to the appropriate person.
2. Key potential student inquiries, into PowerCampus, accurately and in a timely manner.
3. File student documents, while paying extreme attention to detail.
4. Process all mail for the department; take mail to mailroom, pick up our department mail, and distribute each person’s mail.
5. Assist office with bulk mailings and making packets.
6. Make and mail inquiry packets for students who have requested them.
7. Distribute general UHC admissions information to students at the front desk.
8. Refer students who have specific questions to their admissions counselor.
9. Assist counselors with recruitment events, such as Open House, orientation, registration, group tours, etc.
10. Operate ID machine when students need new or reprinted ID.
11. Assist with issuing parking decals.
12. Ensure that storage area is neat and organized.
13. Communicate with Administrative Assistant regarding any issues or changes with your schedule.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Blaine S. Kern Library: Job Description - Student Worker
Title: Student Worker
Reports to: Reference Librarian, Evening/Weekend Supervisor/Director of Library Services
Work Schedule: flexible schedule, may include evenings and weekends
1. Provide front desk duties (check in, check out, and renew materials)
2. Answer the front desk telephone
3. Monitor the security gate
4. Greet visitors as they enter the library
5. Answer directional and general information questions
6. Assist in navigation of the web site
7. Refer to librarian when visitors need reference assistance
8. Shelve library materials and keep shelves in order
9. Shift collection when needed
10. Troubleshoot library copiers and printers
11. Assist with opening and/or closing procedures
12. Perform other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements: 1. Lift and carry equipment, supplies, or materials weighing up to 30 lbs. 2. Access upper library shelves with a step stool and bend to lower shelves 3. Bend and stoop to reach equipment and materials 4. Push a fully loaded, wheeled, book cart, up to 100 lbs. 5. Sustain long periods of standing/walking back and forth.
Registrar’s Office Student Worker
Reports To: Administrative Assistant to the Registrar
Basic Function: Assist the Registrar and Administrative Assistant with daily office functions and registration events
1. Answer phone and assist caller with questions.
2. File documents accurately by scanning into students records while paying extreme attention to detail.
3. Check mailbox and send out mail daily.
4. Dispense transcripts to anyone picking up.
5. Post room reservation signs when needed.
6. Shred unneeded paperwork to maintain FERPA compliance.
7. Assist students with general questions about student portals, etc.
8. Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to FERPA guidelines.
9. Provide exceptional customer service to all students and visitors.
10. Other duties as assigned.