UHC Coronavirus Safety Protocols
Please receive the following reminder regarding COVID-19 safety protocols while on Campus:
All employees, students, visitors, and contractors must wear a face mask, without vents, on campus. Face shields without masks and “neck gaiters” are not acceptable. Masks are the simplest, cheapest, most effective way to significantly reduce the rate of transmission of COVID-19. Other than when in a residence hall housing unit alone or in a private office, faculty, staff, students, visitors, and contractors are always required to wear face masks while on campus, including in classrooms. UHC will provide one cloth face mask per person, upon request. They are available through Campus Security or the Campus Nurse. Following is guidance for the proper use of face masks:
- Face masks can be washable cloth masks or other face coverings, as recommended by the CDC.
- CDC does not recommend using masks for source control if they have an exhalation valve or vent.
- Neck gaiters are not permitted. They are made of thin, stretchy material. Neck gaiters may be worse than not wearing a mask at all because they break up larger airborne particles into a spray of little ones more likely to linger longer in the air.
- Face coverings must cover the mouth and nose.
- Face shields without face masks are not permitted.
- Keep your face mask clean. Washable face masks should be washed daily with soap and the hottest water possible. Disposable masks should be replaced daily.
- Do not share face masks.
- When alone, face masks are not required. Once another person enters the space, face coverings are required for all.