Violence Against Women Resource Guide
The Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act (“VAWA”), which President Obama signed into law on March 7, imposes new obligations on colleges and universities under its Campus Sexual Violence Act (“SaVE Act”) provision, Section 304. In commitment to inform victims of information and resources available to them for their safety as well as support services in the metropolitan New Orleans area, the information in the campus security website and the following links are provided. We also encourage victims to seek out the campus counseling center for support.
Below are helpful links that provide information and support services to victims of dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking. This page will provide information about support services available to victims and their dependents in the metropolitan New Orleans area.
- Women's Law
- Know Your IX – Empowering Students to Stop Sexual Violence
- U.S. Department of Justice Office of Violence Against Women
- Domestic Violence - Signs of Financial Abuse
- Information on Trauma and PTSD- Violence and Abuse
- Family Justice Centers
- Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (“RAINN”)
- Allstate Foundation Economic Empowerment for Domestic Violence Survivors Program
- Tell A Gal P.A.L.
- Louisiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Metropolitan Center for Women and Children
- New Orleans' Children's Advocacy Center
- Hagar’s House
- Hotel Hope (a work in progress)
- Finding Courage and Hope: Financial Support for Women Experiencing Domestic Violence