Jobs at UHC
The University of Holy Cross will be a Catholic, national, comprehensive, higher education institution known for the ability to balance liberal arts and sciences and nationally accredited professional programs.
The University will be acclaimed for its individualized service to a diverse student body, the integration of mind and heart in the Marianite tradition, and the academic preparation for competent professionals in service to the larger community.
The University strives to live the Mission through six words; Truth, Goodness, Beauty, Presence, Compassion and Service. Through these words, we educate the whole person in the true tradition of the Marianites of Holy Cross.
You Are Part of Our Team. As a member of the team of UHC, you will be expected to contribute your talents and energies to improve the environment and quality of the University, as well as the constituencies of the University. In return, you will be given opportunities to grow and advance in your career.
The University of Holy Cross is dedicated to:
- Providing students a quality education at the best price with the best service.
- Providing members of the team with wages and benefits comparable to others doing similar work within similar higher educational institutions and within the region.
The only things we require for employment, compensation, advancement, and benefits are performance and a good team attitude; however, all employment at UHC is "at will." No one will be denied opportunities or benefits on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran's status, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions; nor will anyone receive special treatment for those reasons.
To join the University of Holy Cross team, see the job opportunities posted below and provide the requested information. This will be forwarded to the head of the search committee for the particular job you are applying. If your qualifications meet our needs, someone will contact you to set up an interview with the committee. If your qualifications do not meet the needs for that particular job, we do keep your information on file for six months in the event that another position would become available more suited to your qualifications.
UHC assures equal opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or veteran's status in the admission to, participation in, or employment of its programs and activities.
Department of Business seeks to hire a part-time faculty to teach undergraduate and graduate courses related to the Healthcare Law, Ethics, and Policy.
Position is open until filled.
- J.D. degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Professional experiences corresponding with the following courses:
- HCM410 - Legal and Ethical Issues in Healthcare Administration
- HCM670 - Law, Ethics, and Policy in Healthcare Management
- Experience teaching online and hybrid classes. Familiarity with Canvas. Upon hiring, faculty will be required for Quality Matters training.
- J.D. Degree from a regionally or internationally accredited institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and delivering assigned classes based on Quality Matters standards.
- Setting up assessments based on departmental requirements.
- Preparing students for assessments and providing helpful performance feedback.
- Providing extra support to students who require it and scheduling consultation time (via zoom) where questions and concerns can be voiced.
- Keeping up to date with advancements in the field and integrating new knowledge into lesson.
Compensation is commensurate with credentials, background and experience.
The University of Holy Cross assures equal opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or veterans’ status in the admission to, participation in, or employment of its programs and activities.
Applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a complete application package, consisting of a cover letter, resume, and three letters of recommendation to Melanie Erlinger, firstname.lastname@example.org in a single submission. Incomplete packages will not be considered.