Skip to main contentSkip to main navigationSkip to footer content

The Ombudsman Group helps resolve disputes related to Direct Loans, Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program loans, Guaranteed Student Loans, and Perkins Loans.

If you've completed the steps to resolve your loan dispute and you still are not satisfied, you may need to contact the Federal Student Aid (FSA) Ombudsman Group of the U.S. Department of Education (ED). The Ombudsman Group is a neutral, informal, and confidential resource to help resolve disputes about your federal student loans.

Contact the Ombudsman Group:

Postal Mail
U.S. Department of Education
FSA Ombudsman Group
P.O. Box 1854
Monticello, KY 42633





You can also submit a complaint online. If you previously submitted a complaint, you can log in, add information to your existing case, and request to escalate to the Ombudsman Group.

The Ombudsman Group can help resolve issues with federal student aid. If you have a dispute about a private student loan, reach out to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Questions? Contact Us!

Office of Financial Aid
(504) 398-2133