A quality, accredited program for Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) that is well respected by the community with over 30 years of educating student nurses to become registered nurses.
Admission to the Department of Nursing is competitive. Review our requriements!View Nursing Admission Requirements
During the freshman year of the nursing program, students are expected to complete
many of the core courses. Students may be admitted to the nursing clinical sequence
in the fall semester of the sophomore year. During this semester the students enroll
in two non-clinical nursing courses and complete the core and science courses that
are the foundation of the nursing program. Nursing courses are serial and are concentrated
at the junior and senior level of the program. A practicum is required in each clinical
Upon successful completion of the program in nursing the graduate will:
- Practice professional nursing within the scope of a diverse, global society.
- Manage a plan of care based on the nursing process to provide safe, holistic, cost- effective, quality, patient-centered care.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage in critical thinking and decision-making within the scope of professional, legal, and ethical standards.
- Evaluate research in nursing and the related disciplines for its applicability to nursing practice and provide evidence-based nursing care.
- Improve health care delivery by practicing leadership and management skills and by collaborating with the interprofessional health care team.
- Demonstrate the advocacy role within the Christian perspective of respect for the uniqueness, dignity, and worth of the patient and others.
- Formulate strategies for continuous quality improvement of health care delivery and advancement of professional nursing as a practice discipline.
- Integrate emerging technologies to utilize resources, manage information, and provide patient care.
The Department of Nursing of the University of Holy Cross is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) (3390 Peachtree Rd NE, Suite 1400; Atlanta, GA 30326; Phone: 404-975-5000, Fax: 404-975-5020)
to award the baccalaureate degree.
Review Nursing Graduation Requirements
Review Nursing Technology Requirements
Refer to the Department of Nursing in Canvas for the Nursing Student's Handbook.
Learn more about the Commissioning Ceremony, the Pinning Ceremony, SNA, honors program opportunities, & alumni!Explore Nursing Life